Thanksgiving is the perfect time of year to remind your friends that you are grateful to have them in your life. In addition to (or perhaps instead of) a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, consider hosting a Friendsgiving to remind your chosen family just how special they are. Follow these helpful tips so your dinner goes off without a hitch and your guests leave with pleasantly plump bellies.
- The host makes the turkey and gravy. Everything else is divided among the guests potluck style.
- Don’t forget the finger food and snacks. It’s important to have chips and dips or a good cheeseboard out for friends to snack on while they wait for everyone else to arrive.
- Everyone should contribute a bottle of wine, liquor, or seasonal beverage such as apple cider.
- Don’t forget the ice!
- Set a festive table, and decorate your space! Nothing sets the tone for a party like a beautiful table and a little holiday decor. Check out these Friendsgiving decor hacks to simply spruce up your space.
- Create a dinner playlist. Every good gathering has background music. This might be a good task to assign to a friend with the best taste in music.
- Reserve a clean-up crew. You’ve made a turkey, set the table and spent the entire evening being a gracious host – you deserve a little help with the clean up
Courtesy of ForRent.com